What Is What's Next?
To open doors for youth by mentoring and building life-long relationships while providing educational support and life skills to develop character, confidence, and faith in Christ.
What’s Next provides extra support, care, mentoring, tutoring, and coaching for young men in the Charlotte community. The individualized love and support tailored to each of our young men and their families is what makes What’s Next successful. We strive to create an environment where youth feel comfortable being themselves, leaning on the support of others, learning, and challenging themselves. Examples of the types of outreach What’s Next Ministry provides include but aren’t limited to:
- Academic tutoring and support
- Dinner and transportation
- Life skills training
- Fun exercise opportunities
- Involvement with church youth group
- Youth basketball during the winter months.
- College and Community College planning for those men who seek to post high school education. Introduction and support to register is provided for those on that path, including financial assistance (approximately $3,000 per year) for each college student.
- Vocational exposure and planning for those that seek to enter the work force after high school
- Introduction to military opportunities if desired
- Full time and Part time job search assistance.
- Apartment location and application support for those ready to live on their own.
- If applicable, What’s Next will refer our young men to a trained counselor or other organizations that specializes in the specific needs of each person.